The Philippine Postal Corporation or PHILPOST launched a new Postal Identification (ID). The good thing in here is that the new Postal ID will be considered a valid identification card which will be accepted to any office or agency. Also, it is very easy to apply for one and it can be delivered to your doorsteps. Now I know you are curious as to how you could get one, so let us take a little question and answer portion.
WHY should I apply for the NEW Postal ID?
There are several BENEFITS you could acquire upon getting the new postal ID which are as follows:
- Unlike the old Postal ID which is very risky for it is easy to copy, the new ID is hardbound and has electronic security features which are like an ATM card. Due to this new ID card system of PHILPOST, your identity will never be at risk.
- The new Postal ID can be used to all agencies, whether governmental or non-governmental. As such, you can present it when getting your passport, making bank transactions and many more.
- You could now have a valid proof of your identity and address.
CAN I apply for the NEW Postal ID?
An absolute YES, if you are a Filipino, regardless of age and no matter where you live. Meanwhile, if you are a foreigner (non-Filipino) citizen, you can apply for a PHILPOST ID if you are residing in the Philippines for AT LEAST 6 MONTHS.
WHAT are the REQUIREMENTS for a NEW Postal ID?
There are only TWO requirements when applying for a new Postal ID. You just should bring the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- Proof of Identity
You can pick one among the following:
- Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Authority (NSO) or Local Civil Registrar
- Unified Multi-purpose ID (UMID) Card
- Driver’s License from the LTO
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Address
You could submit just one of the following:
- Barangay Certificate of Residency
- Utility Bill (Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Credit Card Statement and others similar)
However, it should be noted that:
- If you are a MARRIED WOMAN, you must bring your Marriage Certificate to validate change of name from birth certificate.
- If you are a MINOR, BELOW 18 YEARS OLD, then you must be accompanied by your parent or a legal guardian.
- If you DO NOT HAVE a birth certificate, UMID card, Driver’s License from LTO, or a valid passport, DO NOT LOSE HOPE.
You CAN submit ANY TWO (2) of the following documents instead:
- Valid paper-based Postal ID
- Valid NBI/Police Clearance
- Old SSS or GSIS card
- Valid OWWA ID
- Valid PRC ID
- Digitized BIR ID
- Valid Seaman’s Book
- Valid Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Voter’s ID
- Valid Company ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- Baptismal Certificate
- Certificates of Birth/Marriage from National Commission for Muslim Filipinos (NCMF)
- National Commission for Indigenous Peoples (NCIP)
- Elementary or High School Form 137
- Transcript of Records with readable dry seal (for applicants 18 years old and below)
- Marriage Contract
- Valid University/School or Alumni ID
- TIN card
HOW MUCH do I have to pay for the NEW Postal ID?
For a very CHEAP and FIXED price, you can get a Postal ID. The breakdown of the application fee is shown below:
|Postal ID Card + Delivery Fee||Php 450.00|
|12% VAT||Php 54.00|
|Total PID Payment||Php 504.00|
UPDATED POSTAL ID CARD FEE AS OF 2016
WHAT should to get the NEW Postal ID?
Just follow the SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS below to get your new Postal ID:
- Prepare the necessary requirements mentioned above (Proof of Identity and Proof of Address).
- Fill up an application form which you could get at the nearest post office in your area or you can download here: Postal ID Application Form.
- Submit the documents to the nearest post office in your area.
- After your documents are screened in the post office, you will proceed to the nearest ID “CAPTURE STATION” for your photograph and fingerprint. There are 260 Postal ID Capture Stations nationwide and you can see the list here: Postal ID Capture Stations.
HOW SHORT can I wait for my Postal ID to be RELEASED and DELIVERED?
Your new Postal ID will be delivered in the address you indicated in your application in:
- 15 working days if you are in Metro Manila address;
- 20 working days if you are in major cities and municipalities; and
- 30 working days for island provinces and remote barangays.
What are the SECURITY FEATURES of the NEW Postal ID?
To fully secure your identity, the new Postal ID has:
- On-site digital capture of your fingerprints, photograph, signature and personal details;
- Centralized ID printing system and database to guarantee that the cards are authentic;
- An encrypted quick response (QR) code printed on the card which can verify the identity of the ID holder using a downloadable smart-phone application;
- An overlaid with hologram that can only be viewed at certain angels;
- A ghost image and UV ink that illuminates UV light; and
- An applicant uniqueness check via the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS). The AFIS compares collected fingerprint to the fingerprint records in the database to ensure the applicant’s identity.
What will happen to my OLD but still VALID Postal ID card?
Your old Postal ID will remain VALID up until its date of expiration. Post offices will no longer issue paper-based Ids when the new Postal ID becomes available in their area. As to which, the GOOD NEWS is that the old Postal ID can be converted to the new ID at a PRICE DISCOUNT which can be seen below!
|Discounted PID Fee||Delivery Fee||12% VAT||Total|
|Valid for the next 36 months||25%||Php 307.50||Php 40.00||Php 41.70||Php 389.20|
|Valid for the next 24 months to 35 months||20%||Php 328.00||Php 40.00||Php 44.16||Php 412.16|
|Valid for the next 12 months to 23 months||10%||Php 369.00||Php 40.00||Php 49.08||Php 458.08|
To upgrade your existing postal ID, just bring TWO (2) copies of the duly-accomplished application form and your current Postal ID. Your existing ID will be punched in the QR code and will be returned to you.
I am a FOREIGNER, how can I apply for the NEW Postal ID card?
You only need to prepare the following:
- Two (2) copies of the duly-accomplished application form;
- Proof of Identity
- Passport which must be valid six (6) months prior to application
- One (1) of ANY of the following documents relative to the stay in the Philippines which should be valid for atleast six (6) months prior to application
- Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACRI-Card)
- Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE)
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
- Diplomatic Visa
- Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- Proof of Address (Submit any one (1) of the following):
- Barangay Certificate of Residency – issued within three (3) months prior to PID application
- Certification or statement of account from hotel, transient home or any temporary residence within three (3) months prior to application
- Certification from hotel, transient home or any temporary residence within three (3) months prior to application
- Notarized, if applicable, Land, House or Condominium Lease Contract
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- School billing statement
- Utility bill (cable, electric, internet, landline, telephone, water)
What if I still have questions and concerns about the new Postal ID?
Should you have more Postal ID related queries, just contact the following numbers:
- Landlines – (02) 7427349 / (02) 2309875
- Globe – (0917) 5215373
- Smart – (0998) 8847629
- Sun – (0925) 3212291