Internet video streaming service iQIYI (iQ.com) recently launched a delightful medley of premium original content that viewers can enjoy this September under the most popular genres in the Philippines and across the globe: romance, period dramas, Internet variety, and crime and mystery.
Says Sherwin Dela Cruz, iQIYI Philippines Country Manager: “We are thankful for the support we have continued to receive from our Filipino audience since we first launched our platform a few months ago. Many have expressed their excitement for the popular releases that will soon be launched on iQIYI PH. Our new titles span diverse genres that we know will appeal to our viewers’ varied interests. We hope that they will delight our viewers and grow to be as well-loved and timeless as popular releases that came before them.”
Filipino aficionados of Asian drama and movies need look no further than iQIYI’s website and mobile application for the most exciting lineup of programs on demand:
- Korean drama fans can binge on crowd-favorite Backstreet Rookie starring Ji Chang -Wook and Kim Yoo-Jung; Flower of Evil starring Lee Joon-Gi who plays a violent psychopath who tries to hide his past from the woman he marries; popular Korean drama Love Revolution starring THE BOYZ’s Kim Young-Hoon and Wanna One’s Park Ji-Hoon in a romantic story of love and friendship between a group of high school students; More Than Friends with Wanna One’s Ong Seong-Wu in a tale about two young people who have had crushes on each other for over ten years; and 18 Again where Yoon Sang-Hyun in the lead role becomes a teenager again after his wife files for divorce.
- An exciting new release that should not be missed is Let’s Party, the first variety show featuring popular girl group THE 9 from iQIYI’s top-rated Youth With You.
- Hopeless romantics will find swoon-worth picks in the September lineup to include Love Yourself, which follows the adventures of four mid-lifers who begin dating again; and My Unicorn Girl, in which a girl cross dresses to join an ice hockey club and ends up re-encountering her nemesis.
- Enthusiasts of period dramas should not miss any of these iQIYI favorites: Dance of the Sky Empire, set in the Tang Dynasty in an era when humans and demons coexisted. Viewers will be taken back in time on a spellbinding journey with a human-demon hybrid (Xu Kai, who starred in Story of Yanxi Palace) who breaks the fragile peace, develops a complicated romantic relationship with a human and eventually becomes a hero to the people; and In A Class of Her Own, in which a poor girl meets the prime minister’s son and disguises herself as a man to gain admission into an academy that only accepts male students.
- Viewers partial to mystery and suspense will be thrilled by Crimson River, which is about a murder case that repeats itself twenty years later, awakening the painful memories of a peaceful town.
iQIYI offers an affordable and flexible subscription plan. Viewers who prefer to access fresh, exclusive content as it drops can sign up for a Standard VIP account at PHP129 or for a Premium VIP account at PHP249. Older content is available for free via iQIYI’s website at iQ.com or on the platform’s free mobile application which can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
Founded in 2010 by Chinese multinational technology company Baidu, iQIYI is known globally for its comprehensive library of blockbuster original content composed largely of Chinese dramas. In recent years, iQIYI has steadily introduced Korean dramas and movies, original Chinese variety shows and Japanese anime on its platform, to cater to its growing millennial following beyond China, especially in Southeast Asia.
Award-winning, multi-genre titles that have premiered on iQIYI include The Golden Eyes, which won global acclaim and the prestigious Golden Bird Prize at the 2019 Seoul International Drama Awards; and Story of Yanxi Palace, a Chinese period drama series that was streamed more than 15 billion times during its run in 2018. iQIYI has also pioneered and produced a number of high-profile Internet variety shows, such as Chinese rap competition The Rap of China which debuted in 2017, and the 2020 Chinese girl group show Youth With You which proudly featured Blackpink’s Lisa among its mentors.