Summer season is upon us! This is the time to bask under the glorious rays of the sun and have fun- sunbathe at the beach, engage in outdoor sports, or just simply enjoy the balmy weather without the fear of rain disrupting our activities.
However, with temperatures soaring during these sweltering summer months, we all need to be aware when our bodies are trying to tell us we need a good dose of rehydration. Water comprises 70% of our bodies, and once this level decreases by even a small percentage, we become dehydrated. Here are some of the most common symptoms of dehydration to watch out for:
- Increased thirst – Thirst is the body’s most automatic indicator of dehydration. It is the first reminder that we need to restore fluid balance for our bodies to function properly
- Headaches and dizziness – When we are dehydrated, the water content in our body drops and results in a decreased flow of oxygen to the brain. This triggers the pain receptors surrounding our brains, inducing nagging migraines and feelings of dizziness.
- Decreased urination – Maintaining a healthy fluid balance is imperative in keeping our biological functions running smoothly. When we are dehydrated, the kidneys try to conserve water by concentrating urine, so when urine is appears in a darker yellow shade, it means that the body’s fluid balance has been compromised.
- Dry skin – Our skin’s appearance and elasticity is very much affected by our fluid balance. When we are dehydrated, fluids pull away from our skin and redirect to other major organs in the body to preserve proper biological functions.
- Sluggishness and fatigue – Dehydration can definitely affect your body’s endurance levels throughout the day, causing feelings of tiredness and decreased alertness. This can impair concentration and cause a disruption with daily and work activities.
The most effective way to revert the effects of dehydration and heat exhaustion is by increasing fluid intake, and water is definitely the most effective key to restoring our body’s all-important fluid balance. Our bodies also lose important nutrients when we are dehydrated, so drinking water high in natural minerals and nutrients is also important in keeping our biological functions running in tiptop condition.
Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water is complete with a high mineral profile to slake your thirst and provide your body with the nutrients it needs while giving you a deep sense of well-being apparent from your first sip. Whether at work, after sport or simply in between – Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water is the perfect companion to survive the scorching heat.
Originating from the depths of Germany’s Volcanic Eifel region, Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water has a unique nutritional balance of calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate, which cannot be found in regular drinking water. It provides the body with valuable minerals and trace elements that the body cannot generate on its own. One liter of Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water satisfies 1/3 of the daily calcium requirement and more than a quarter of the magnesium requirement that supports your energy metabolism and can help to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
Its refreshing taste profile is amped up by its delightful fizzy mouthfeel, quenching your thirst deeply from the first sip to the last. Gerolsteiner’s natural sparkling fizz comes from its concentration of bicarbonates and is not artificially carbonated like soda. This aids the body’s digestive functions without the added calories, sugar and chemicals.
This summer, have a fizzy pick-me-up thirst quencher. Keep yourself safe from dehydration and maintain your body’s vitality—refresh and rejuvenate with Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water!