It was now Colombia’s turn to bring home the crown as Ms. Colombia Pauline Vega was crowned Miss Universe 2014. The pageant was held January 25, 2015 in Florida, USA.
Miss Colombia graced the pageant beating 87 other contestants.
The 63rd Miss Universe, hosted by Natalie Morales and Thomas Roberts with Jeannie Mai, is the 2014 edition of the pageant. The 2015 edition will be held later this year.
Pauline Vega bested among the top 5 finalists, who were determined during the evening gown segment, leaving Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell as the 4th runner-up, Miss Netherlands Yasmin Verheijen as the 3rd runner-up, Miss Ukraine Diana Harkusha as the 2nd runner-up, and Miss USA Nia Sanchez as the 1st runner-up.
Before the final 5, the top 10 who were picked after the swimsuit pageant were:
- Miss Colombia – Paulina Vega
- Miss USA – Nia Sanchez
- Miss Ukraine – Diana Harkusha
- Miss Netherlands – Yasmin Verheijen
- Miss Jamaica – Kaci Fennell
- Miss Argentina – Valentina Ferrer
- Miss Australia – Tegan Martin
- Miss Philippines – Mary Jean Lastimosa
- Miss Spain – Desirée Cordero Ferrer
- Miss Venezuela – Migbelis Castellanos
Included in the Top 15 were:
- Miss Brazil – Melissa Gurgel
- Miss France – Camille Cerf
- Miss India – Noyonita Lodh
- Miss Indonesia – Elvira Devinamira
- Miss Italy – Valentina Bonariva
- Miss Congeniality Universe – Miss Nigeria, Queen Celestine
- Miss Photogenic Universe – Puerto Rico, Gabriela Berrios
- National Costume Fan Vote Winner – Indonesia, Elvira Devinamira
The 2014 Miss Universe judges include Filipino boxing champ Manny Pacquiao, Emilio Estefan, Rob Dyrdeck, Lisa Vanderpump, Nina Garcia, William Levy, and Giancarlo Stanton.