Oral care has become a challenge in the pandemic. The drastic change in diet and lifestyle, as well as the constant wearing of face masks, have led to dental problems such as plaque, bad breath or halitosis, swollen gums, lesions, and more.
These oral problems have been made worse by lockdowns, which made people understandably nervous to seek a professional care. According to study, 70% of respondents have expressed fear of visiting their dentist. Of that number, 56% reduced their visits or did not schedule an appointment at all.
It’s possible to maintain healthy oral hygiene at home even amid the pandemic. Here are some easy tips:
Brush teeth effectively. The easiest tip would be to brush teeth frequently and effectively. Dentists recommend brushing at least twice daily in gentle and circular motions to efficiently remove plaque. Plaque is a thin film of bacteria that forms on the surface of teeth and hardens into tartar. If left untreated, tartar can cause bad breath, destroy the outer layer of teeth, and lead to gum disease. It’s also recommended to gently brush the tongue since plaque builds up there.
Floss. Brushing may not be enough as bristles sometimes cannot reach bacteria and food stuck between the teeth, that’s where floss comes in. Aside from effectively removing deep-seated food particles and bacteria, floss can reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease. Proper flossing means wrapping the cord around the teeth in a “C” shape and gently moving it below the gum line and back up. It is also recommended to floss at least once daily.
Don’t forget the mouthwash. After brushing and flossing, wrap up your daily oral routine with mouthwash. This kills harmful bacteria that can be found between the teeth and on the tongue. It also freshens the breath, especially after a long day of wearing a face mask.
Change your diet. It comes as no surprise that the food you eat has a direct effect on your oral health. Food high in sugar, starch, and carbohydrates results in more plaque and tooth decay. Wine, coffee, tea, and tobacco can also stain teeth. A diet filled with fiber-rich fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and black and green tea can help with oral health.
An arsenal of dental products is helpful to keep the teeth clean. Sensodyne is the World’s No. 1 Sensitivity Toothpaste which has multi-benefits. It helps provide proven relief from pain caused by teeth sensitivity, provides long-lasting daily cavity protection, keeps the mouth feeling fresh and clean, whitens teeth and removes plaque. It is also the most recommended toothpaste by dentists.
Sensodyne has a lineup of products suited for every type of dental concern:
- Sensodyne Daily Protection helps soothe painful tooth sensitivity and helps to keep the pain from coming back.
- Sensodyne 24/7 Protection Fresh Mint helps keep the mouth feeling fresh and clean.
- Sensodyne Gentle Whitening helps to gently but effectively remove stains from teeth to restore their natural whiteness.
- Sensodyne Repair and Protect provides effective and long-lasting relief from sensitivity as well as daily cavity protection.
- Sensodyne Repair and Protect Whitening targets sensitive areas and forms a tooth-like layer over them, allowing the teeth to retain their natural whiteness.
- Sensodyne Gum Care provides 24/7 protection against tooth sensitivity, removes plaque above the gum line, and promotes healthy gums.
- Sensodyne Rapid Relief helps build a protective barrier over sensitive areas of the teeth in just three days.
For more information about Sensodyne, visit sensodyne.com.ph.