Jirisan, iQiyi Original Korean drama series starring Gianna Jun and Ju Ji-hoon, and created by director Lee Eung-bok (Descendants of The Sun, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God) and writer Kim Eun-hee (Signal, Kingdom), is set to continue with its third episode tonight (Oct 30th). From a second instalment that was met with average nationwide ratings that exceeded double digits in Korea, along with a global buzz about the mysteries, the latest episode will return to 2020 where a wheelchair-bound Gianna Jun and a spirit form Ju Ji-hoon help those in need on the peak. Expect to learn about Ju’s tragic past and discover new and deadly mysteries that will raise more questions…
Jirisan follows the team of national park rangers who are responsible for search and rescue on Jirisan. Experienced ranger (played by Gianna Jun) and rookie ranger (played by Ju Ji-hoon) are set to uncover the secrets of the peak. The iQiyi Original K-series exclusively airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 8.00pm on iQiyi International app or iQ.com worldwide, simulcast with Korea.
- Light is shed on the mysterious lines on Jirisan’s main poster released last September 30th. The words next to Gianna Jun read, “A place I can’t climb again after that day,” while the line, “A place I can’t break away from after that day” accompanied Ju Ji-hoon. Respectively, the lines pointed to star ranger Seo Yi-gang played by Jun, ending up in a wheelchair and unable to climb Jirisan again; while rookie Ju is hospitalized in coma, but wanders the mountain in spirit form. How will they help those in need together across realms?
- In the role of Haedong branch lead Jo Dae-jin, Sung Dong-il becomes a murder suspect when Gianna Jun finds a blood-stained yellow ribbon in his desk drawer – one similar to that held by a victim. As more doubts surface, Jun’s suspicions grow.
- Ju Ji-hoon wanders Jirisan as a spirit called the “messenger from hell” among villagers and climbers, and is rumoured that anyone who sees him will die. Go Min-si plays the youngest ranger Lee Da-won who not only meets Ju Ji-hoon’s spirit, but witnesses unexplainable phenomena.
- The latest episode reveals that Ju Ji-hoon is able to see clues to victims on the mountain with his special yet horrifying vision, which reminds him of his own tragic past. And as Jun and Ju share their experiences with each other, theygrow closer and connect seamlessly as ranger partners.
- The park ranger team mobilizes to stop illegal religious activities from being held on Jirisan, with a clash almost taking place. At the foot of the mountain, Jun and Ju are shocked to discover a rock structure that may be a sign of things to come.
- Jirisan also announced a stellar music talent line-up for its OST, leading with BTS’ Jin, Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon, NELL’s Kim Jong Wan, and Gaho, together with K-drama theme favourite Paul Kim, Kim Feel, Jukjae, Lee Sungyeol, O3ohn, Rothy and more. The first song to debut is ‘Destiny’ by Kim Feel, a majestic piece that underlines the will and determination of Jirisan’s park rangers.