Who says brushing can’t be fun?
As parents, seeing your kids flash their bright smiles can be the most priceless sight in the world – a precious “picture perfect” moment that any parent would love to capture and relive. When both corners of their mouths start to turn up, those infectious curves on their faces make you smile, too, especially when you are confident that their teeth are strong and healthy.
Let’s face it: Convincing your kids to brush their teeth is not as easy as it appears to be. In fact, for some mothers, it is a daily morning struggle that can be very tedious as a chore.
“Even if I ask my four-year-old in a nice way or pretend to get angry at her, it just doesn’t work,” shares Emily Bunagan of Pasig, who admitted that she already tried all strategies she knows just to persuade her daughter to brush her teeth, but still to no avail.
It is the duty of parents to instil to their kids the habit and importance of brushing one’s teeth at an early age. But mothers, did you know that you don’t have to do it alone? More often than not, the success of convincing children to brush their teeth relies on a very crucial first decision – the choice of toothpaste.
With Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste, brushing is now more than just a required hygienic practice. Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste takes brushing into a whole new (and not to mention exciting) level – a total fun and play experience for kids! Mothers don’t have to stress over morning battles with their kids, as the kids themselves will now be looking forward to brushing time as fun time.
Given the right kind of toothpaste, all you need to do is to complement it with the right dose of creativity and patience in order to make your kids appreciate that proper oral care can be very enjoyable, too. With Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste’s seven unique flavors, children will never see brushing in the same boring way again!
Keep in mind that your child’s set of teeth is very different from that of an adult’s. A set of baby teeth is more fragile and sensitive, thus requiring more delicate care. As soon as your child begins teething, it is important also to start brushing his or her teeth to prevent cavities caused by acid attacks, which may arise from drinking milk and eating sweet food, among others. Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste contains just the right amount of fluoride for children.
With these things said, here are more tips for your kids’ “hapee” brushing experience:
- GIVE HIM A CHOICE. Allow him or her to choose his or her own toothbrush, and toothpaste flavor. A colourful toothbrush, an attractive packaging and a fruity flavor for toothpaste like Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste will add excitement to every brushing time.
- SING ALONG. Did you know that it takes at least two (2) minutes to get your child’s teeth clean enough? Don’t forget that while brushing up and down, left and right, start humming a simple children’s music or nursery rhyme for 2 minutes to make sure that your child is brushing his or her teeth properly long enough.
- TAKE IT SLOW. As expected, your child won’t be as good as you when it comes to brushing. Don’t stress over when he misses some spot. The more important thing at this stage is to make brushing a fun habit with Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste and its cute cartoon characters. With practice, he’ll improve sooner.
- BE ENCOURAGING. Praise your kid whenever he brushes his teeth well. Say words of encouragement like “Hapee Brushing” or “Cavity monsters are gone!” You can also entice him with the yummy flavors of Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste.
- ACCOMPANY YOUR CHILD. To show your kid that brushing is indeed necessary, be a good role model and join him while brushing.
- FIND AN ALLY. Of course, Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste is the perfect ally but you must visit the dentist regularly. Ask your dentist to acknowledge your kid’s brushing habit.
By the time that your kids have fully absorbed brushing as part of their daily routine, gradually train them to brush their teeth alone. But you still have to keep track of their brushing habits once in a while. You can make it even more fun by rewarding them everytime they accomplished their day-to-day brushing regimen.
Life is so much easier with the right toothpaste! With Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste, all it takes is the right pinch of patience and creativity so your kids won’t see brushing again as a dull after-meal ritual. With the right brushing tools like Hapee Kiddie Toothpaste, your children will say hello to a “Hapee-ier” smile and say goodbye to cavities. The next thing you know, they’ll even remind you to brush your teeth on time!
Who says brushing can’t be fun? He must not have tried Happie Kiddie Toothpaste yet!