Globe Virtual Hangouts continues to evolve and reinvent itself to give Gen Zs and more digital fun, innovative, educational, and passion-filled experiences.
For the second half of the year, expect the launch of its metaverse platform, the first in the Philippines, with “phygital” experiences to be hosted by Globe Prepaid.
Using technology to bridge the physical and digital worlds, Globe Virtual Hangouts metaverse promises unique interactive activities that visitors can explore. Users can create their avatar and chat and do video calls with their fellow Gen Zs inside the portal.
Surprise celebrity guests and special prizes, among them a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Phone, also await everyone inside this new platform.
The event will also have a 360 gallery featuring “Timplada: The Art of Ilonggo Cuisine,” an exhibition of 10 artworks inspired by Ilonggo food from the Iloilo Museum of Contemporary Art (ILOMOCA), the first art institution in the Visayas and Mindanao. The pioneering exhibit on Virtual Hangouts was first showcased in the last quarter of 2021 in collaboration with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts.
“We are excited to transform Globe Virtual Hangouts into a metaverse to keep the fire going for passion-filled Gen Zs and other prepaid customers. We want to be the bridge that will help them fulfill the things they love through experiences that they enjoy,” said Eric Tanbauco, Globe’s Vice President for Mobile Prepaid Business.
The Globe Virtual Hangouts started in 2020 so GenZs can hang out with each other, showcase their passions and see all the happenings that Globe Prepaid has in store.
Early this year, it created the Passion Portal where Gen Z’s got to turn their passion into a profession through Globe Prepaid’s Virtual Hangouts Masterclasses. There were various pillars catering to different passions of Gen Zs, namely:
- GoJAM — An onstage talent search which brought together promising young Pinoy artists in a digital music camp to hone their talent and arm them with the know-how to succeed in the music industry.
- GoWATCH – For movie enthusiasts and those who want to be the next Antonette Jadaone or Cathy Garcia-Molina. There was a GoWATCH Film Lab in partnership with ANIMA for those who wanted to learn or sharpen their filmmaking, story writing, and production design skills. Film Lab sessions were led by award-winning filmmakers such as Jadoone, Erik Matti, JP Habac, and Jade Castro.
- GoHUSTLE – A six-stage GoHUSTLE Boss Up Bootcamp where participants learned from topics about creating stories, branding, marketing, finance, and having an entrepreneurial mindset.
- GoESPORTS – Aspiring esports streamers and casters who wanted to level up their skills underwent training on the basics of content creation, self-presentation, pre-and post-game analysis, and more.
- GoKOREAN – For K-wave fans who have a passion for fashion, Globe Prepaid Virtual Hangouts teamed up with the top fashion and design school in the country to introduce a full-blown fashion and styling curriculum offered nowhere else.
Virtual Hangouts is best experienced on Globe’s 5G network. Be part of Globe Virtual Hangouts of The Future launch by visiting www.globevirtualhangouts.ph.