Delta earned the top spot among domestic carriers in the TPG 2020 Best Airlines Report that ranked airlines based on how they’ve been supporting customers since the onset of the COVID-19 crisis. The Points Guy, a leading digital outlet focused on travel, stated that “Delta again comes out on top” across categories that included ticket flexibility, cleanliness and overall passenger safety.
“True to form, Delta people in every division across our network have worked day after day during this crisis to collaborate, innovate and transform our business,” said Bill Lentsch, Chief Customer Experience Officer. “Because of their relentless effort, customers can feel confident in their personal safety when they travel with us and have flexible options if they decide not to. This ranking is a tremendous recognition of the Delta culture – and I couldn’t be more proud.”
Here’s how Delta earned the top spot in the TPG 2020 Best Airlines Report:
CLEAN: Delta earned a perfect score of 20/20 on clean
- Electrostatic spraying before every flight, along with dedicated attention to high-touch areas like overhead bin handles and armrests.
- Delta’s commitment to holding a flight if the cabin is deemed not clean enough prior to boarding, leading to a perfect score of 20 out of 20 in cleaning.
FLEXIBILITY: Delta recognized as one of the most generous of major airlines
- First airline to extend Medallion status and to announce all Medallion Qualification Miles earned in 2020 will roll over into 2021, giving a jump start on next year’s qualification.
- Top-tier elite members receive a second set of Choice Benefits.
- Eligible eCredits may be redeemed for new tickets through September 30, 2022 – one of the most generous policies of the major airlines.
SAFETY: Delta again comes out on top when it comes to keeping customers and employees safe
- Extending electrostatic spraying to Delta’s gate areas and jet bridges.
- Blocking middle seats and limiting the total number of customers on board through at least September 30.
- First airline to board back to front, with no more than 10 customers boarding at a time.
- All customers are required to wear masks – or must consult with a doctor for a medical exemption.
This is the second consecutive year Delta ranked No.1. The TPG 2019 Best Airlines Report was based on more traditional measures of airline performance including on-time records, baggage handling, customer service, family-friendly policies and various factors in frequent flyer benefits and premium services.
Today, and always, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our customers and employees. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Delta has moved quickly to transform the industry standard of clean while offering customers more space across the travel journey. Numerous layers of protection ensure a safe and comfortable travel experience for our customers and employees.