Ever wanted to visit South Korea for the summer? We’ve listed must-see places for every first timer in Seoul! Tip:Read till the end to learn how to win a free trip for you and a friend!
- N Seoul Tower: You can either walk through a steady trek or ride the cable car to reach the N Seoul Tower. Once at the observation deck, fall in love with South Korea’s cityscape. It’s also more that just a tower; it also houses several attractions such as the love locksonthe roof terrace and the Hello Kitty Island Museum at the fifth floor.
- Gyeongbokgung Palace – Known as the Northern Palace, witness ceremonies such as the chaning of the guards or try the Hanbok, a traditional Korean attire.
- Gangnam District –Gangnam is more than a song. The Gangnam district has rows of restaurants, shops, and famous record companies. Walk along the K-Star Road and take a photo with Gangnam art dolls designed based on K-pop stars. Who knows, maybe you’ll get a chance to see your favorite idol.
- Myeong-dong – One of Seoul’s premier shopping destinations, shop until you drop at Myeong-dong, from beauty products to different kinds of street food.
- Everland – For the thrill seeker, make sure to find the time to visit Everland Resort and try the T Express, the steepest wooden roller coaster that reaches a top speed of 104km per hour at a 77 degree angle!
- Hongdae – Also known as Hongik University Street, witness several street art in the morning and listen to busking at night.
- Namisum Island – Fans of the Korean drama, Winter Sonata, excited as many scenes were shot at this half-moon shaped island. Whether you’re a fan or not, you’ll still be captivated with its picturesque surroundings.
Essentials: Make sure you’re ready for long walks, whether on city streets or mountain trails. Whether you prefer sandals, sneakers, or hiking shoes, Merrell has a wide selection of footwear you can choose from for an enjoyable trip.
Excited yet? Here’s more! Merrell’s Summer Getaway promotion is offering you a chance to win a three day, two night trip to South Korea for you and a friend! Simply purchase any regular priced Merrell footwear in any of the participating Merrell stores and SM Department Stores from April 16-June 16, 2017.This promo is in partnership with AirAsia and Bridges Travel and Tours.