The vivo Y73 is one of many Y-series phones that have recently been released in the country.
The vivo Y73 has a stylish design and most of the features you’d expect from a mid-range phone from the year 2022. For only P13,999 (based on vivo.ph’s website), the Y73 has a good set of features with its processor of choice.
Design and Build
With its elegant design, the Y73 is a good mid-ranger phone for its price and quality feel. The phone measures 161.24*74.37*7.38mm and weighs 170g due to its 7.38mm AG Glass build. The Y73 is available in two colors: Diamond Flare and Roman Black, a perfect combination of elegance and aesthetics.
It’s also difficult to completely ignore the fact that the rear camera module protrudes when the phone is on a flat surface, so expect some wobbling. Its fingerprint scanner is also noticeable because, despite the popularity of side-mounted fingerprint scanners, vivo has opted for an in-display solution.
In comparison to 120Hz phones, the vivo Y73 has a 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a standard refresh rate of 60Hz, which is less smooth animations. Despite this, you get the vibrant colors and crisp text that an AMOLED display is known for. In direct sunlight, the display is also perfectly usable.
Because the phone has a Widevine L1 security level, you should be able to watch HD or higher quality content from popular streaming sites like Netflix.
The Y73 is powered by the MTK Helio G95, a well-known and popular chipset that’s found in many other mid-range phones thanks to its excellent performance and efficiency. There’s also 8GB of RAM for multitasking, 4GB of Extended RAM, and 128GB of storage with a microSD card slot.
The Y73 uses an older 12nm process with its Helio G95 processor. When compared to the Snapdragon 720G, it performs better when conducting GPU-intensive tasks.
In fact, when it comes to gaming, the Helio G95 is superior. When playing mobile games like Genshin Impact, the Helio G95 can set the graphics to medium without getting an overclocked warning. Surprisingly, the vivo Y73 is one of the few mid-range phones capable of doing so.
At the very least, this processing package is impressive for a mid-range phone.
A 64-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera are featured on the Y73. Vivo highlighted its Stylish Night Filters, which allow users to “Rediscover the Night.” Filters like Cyberpunk, Black & Gold, Blue Ice, and Green Orange, for example, are a nice addition to the night photography game.
The device supports RAW+JPEG shooting, which is useful for post-production, as well as the H.265 compression standard, which allows for better video quality while maintaining a small file size. For those who want more precise control over their shots, there is a Pro mode.
This mid-range phone has 4K video recording, which is a feature that many of its competitors lack. In most lighting situations, the Y73 has excellent camera performance. Colors are occasionally oversaturated, but details are well preserved and not oversharpened. The 16-megapixel selfie camera is in the same boat.
- Dimensions: 24*74.37*7.38mm
- Weight: 170g
- Material: Glass
- Price: ₱13,999
- Processor: MTK Helio G95
- RAM&ROM: 8GB+128GB
- Battery: 4000mAh (TYP)
- Fast Charging: 33W (11V/3A)
- Color: Roman Black and Diamond Flare
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 11.1 (Based on Android 11)
- Screen: 44-inch
- Resolution: 2400×1080 (FHD+)
- Type: AMOLED
- Touch Screen: Capacitive multi-touch
- Camera: Front 16MP FF/Rear 64MP AF+2MP (Bokeh)+2MP(Macro)
- ApertureFront: f/2.0
- Rear: f/1.79 + f/2.4 (Bokeh)+ f/2.4(Macro)
- Flash: Rear flashlight
- Scene ModesFront: Night, Ultra Stable Video, Light Filters, Video Face Beauty, Dual-View Video
- Rear: 4K Video, Eye Autofocus, Night, Ultra Stable Video, Art Portrait Video, Super Macro, Bokeh Portrait, Multi-Style Portrait
- SIM Slot Type: 2 Nano-SIM + 1 Micro SD
- Standby Mode: Dual SIM and Dual Standby
- 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G WCDMA: B1/B5/B8
- 4G FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B5/B8/B28
- 4G TDD-LTE: B38/B40/B41
- Audio Playback: WAV, MP3, MP2, MIDI, Vorbis, APE, FLAC
- Video Playback: MP4, 3GP, AVI, FLV, TS, MKV
- Video Recording: MP4
- Voice Recording: Supported
- Wi-Fi: 4GHz, 5GHz
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- USB: Type-C
- GPS: Supported
- OTG: Supported
- FM: Supported
- Accelerometer: Supported
- Ambient light sensor: Supported
- Proximity Sensor: Supported
- E-compass: Supported
- Fingerprint Sensor: In-Display Fingerprint Scanning
- Gyroscope: Gyroscope (Entity)
- Location: GPS, Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, QZSS
Despite being a mid-range phone, the vivo Y73 offers quality that helps users complete their daily mobile tasks. One can say that by just having an Helio G95 processor alone, vivo Y73 is a strong competitor on the market.