- Dedicated new store section will showcase the brand’s latest UT collections, providing a wide range of T-shirts to help Filipinos express their individuality
UNIQLO announces today the opening of UT at UNIQLO SM Megamall, a brand new section of the store to highlight the brand’s latest UT collections. Launching Friday, April 28, UT at SM Megamall will feature all the Spring/Summer 2017 collection highlights, including EPICÉ Design, Futura, KAWS x Peanuts and MAGIC FOR ALL – MICKEY BLUE and Star Wars. A wide range of other popular UT collections will also be available.
Speaking on the occasion of the launch, UNIQLO Philippines COO Katsumi Kubota said, “UT is an important part of the UNIQLO LifeWear philosophy, so we are excited to be opening UT at SM Megamall. As the biggest UNIQLO store in the Philippines, it is the perfect location to showcase the new collection’s wide range and content. All of the wonderful UT collections we offer reinforce our commitment to making the good lives of Filipinos better through great clothing that helps our customers express their love for pop culture and their individualism.”
The new dedicated UT space will feature the entire Spring/Summer 2017 UT Collection, with 16 new graphic themes, and an array of authentic pop culture and art graphics from around the world. Highlights available at launch include:
- FUTURA – Abstract Expressionist Futura, the art legend from New York, has created a collection for men and boys that presents a mature perspective of the New York art scene and which incorporates a logo and tag designed exclusively for UT by the veteran artist.
- ÉPICE Design – A collection for women, girls and babies also features content from ÉPICE Design, famed worldwide for its delightful floral print scarves. The new line up also highlights more playful items for family coordination fun.
- KAWS x Peanuts – KAWS is loved around the world for his whimsical artistic aesthetic. His latest collection for UNIQLO pays homage to Peanuts, with a focus on Snoopy—one of the artist’s earliest subjects. The KAWS x Peanuts UT Collection celebrates this heritage through a reinterpretation of the beloved Snoopy character as “Joe KAWS” who appears throughout the new UT range.
- Star Wars Artist Collection – 2017 marks the 40th anniversary of Star Wars’ initial release. More than simply just popular, the movies have become part of contemporary culture around the world. In line with the release of the long-awaited Star Wars: The Last Jedi film,UT has collaborated with three artists, namely James Jarvis, Kevin Lyons, and Geoff McFetridge, to create designs in their own style for this special collection.
- James Jarvis is a graphic artist from London. His work includes cartoons, comics, graphics, sculpture, and print-making with a particular interest in art, language, philosophy, architecture and skateboarding.
- Kevin Lyons, the New York-based designer and illustrator with a wide ranging repertoire is also in on the Star Wars collaboration. Kevin’s “Monster” characters have appeared on everything from skateboards to sneakers for numerous famous brands. With his hybrid style of hand-drawn characters and typography, he’s made something supremely stylish with Star Wars.
- California-based, Canadian-born Geoff McFetridge is known for his work with Spike Jonez on his film “Her” and “Where the Wild Things Are,” as well as his mobility between gallery shows and commercial collaborations. Geoff’s style is minimalist and conceptual while delivering ironic humor often with a dark twist. Now you can wear it as a shirt thanks to a captivating collaboration with UT.
- MICKEY BLUE – The MICKEY BLUE UT collection features refreshing designs with Mickey Mouse art in an indigo blue dyed look inspired by West Coast beach. The collection comes in sizes for the whole family to enjoy.