The prestigious Emmy Awards® is back with a bang with its 75th Anniversary celebration. Fans worldwide are gearing up to witness their favorite shows get some much-deserved recognition.
Lionsgate Studios received the following nominations for the 75th Emmy Awards, ranging from Cinematography to Contemporary Hairstyling:
- Outstanding Choreography For Scripted Programming – Blindspotting Season 1
- Outstanding Contemporary Hairstyling – P-Valley
- Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program – Selling Sunset, Lionsgate in association with Netflix
- Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie – Love & Death, Lionsgate in association with HBO Max and Done + Done Productions
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Nonfiction Program – The 1619 Project, Lionsgate in association with One Story Up Productions, Harpo Films, and The New York Times
- Outstanding Picture Editing For A Nonfiction Program – The 1619 Project, Lionsgate in association with One Story Up Productions, Harpo Films, and The New York Times
- Outstanding Documentary Or Nonfiction Series – The 1619 Project, Lionsgate in association with One Story Up Productions, Harpo Films, and The New York Times
For the 3rd consecutive year, Lionsgate Play is bringing the Emmy magic straight from Los Angeles to South-East Asian audiences as the official streaming partner of this star-studded night. The Emmys will be broadcast live from the Peacock Theater at L.A. LIVE on Monday, September 18, (8:00-11:00 PM ET live/5:00-8:00 PM PT) on FOX and will stream live exclusively on Lionsgate Play in the Philippines on September 19 from 8 AM PHT. Viewers can also stream this glamor-filled night exclusively on Lionsgate Play in Malaysia (8 AM MYT) and India (5:30 AM IST).
Bringing the coveted awards LIVE for the third time on the platform, Amit Dhanuka, Executive Vice President, Lionsgate, said, “Lionsgate Play is a premium streaming platform committed to bring the best to its audiences across the globe. We are delighted to LIVE stream the 75th Anniversary celebration of the Emmy Awards® across three territories – India, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. It’s a milestone year for the Emmy’s and we are planning to take things a notch higher with the Nominations being LIVE streamed on our YouTube platform. It’s an exciting event for fans, and we would like to keep up the spirits to ensure the best viewing experience.”
As the Emmy Awards® celebrated 75 illustrious years, the Television Academy made the decision to give the iconic statuette an update, honoring its timeless significance. Drawing inspiration from Halley’s Comet, which graces us with its presence once every 75 years, the enhanced statuette pays homage to the realms of art, history, and talent.
Talking about the unveiling of the new statuette ahead of the 75th Emmy Awards®, Television Academy President and CEO Maury McIntyre said “We were trying to find a way to honor the historic nature of the anniversary. Emmy is all about celebrating excellence, and it has been for three quarters of a century. Those standards really haven’t changed significantly regardless of what era the greatest medium on Earth has been in. In that spirit, we didn’t want to veer too far with Emmy herself.”