Philips Consumer Lifestyle, one of the three market-driven sectors of the Philips Electronics, is looking for a Mechanical Product Development Engineer to be a part of the CL Innovation Site Eindhoven. Known for creating innovations, and in order to continue to help and ensure the consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions, Philips Consumer Lifestyle expects the Mechanical Product Development Engineer to possess the following qualities:
- Have a highly qualitative background in Mechanical/ Bio-mechanical engineering (Masters, preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience in development and realization of new consumer products in a R&D environment.
- Experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for consumer products (such as mechanics, plastic polymers, rubber materials, common manufacturing, etc.)
- Experience in mechanical design and product documentation
- Experience in CAD design using Pro-E.
- Experience in FE Analysis using Ansys (definition of boundary conditions and analysis of the results is the minimum.)
- Familiar with Design for Six Sigma (preferred)
- Experience in developing largely mechanical consumer products
- Experience in developing medical devices
The Mechanical Product Development Engineer should be able to deliver and do the following key responsibilities:
- Develop new and optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams
- Support function development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups
- Define, create the mechanical construction including 3-D models and 2-D drawings of new products.
- Do, or lead the detail design of Key Components, and support their realization.
- Proof that the design meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations, etc.
- Manage the Product Documentation (the BOM and the Design History File)
- Do the root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints
- Travel internationally for several weeks included
Philips Consumer Lifestyle delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. The products made are designed around the consumer, is advanced and easy to experience. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
The Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at the very challenging growth task to bring faster, more new ideas to the global market.
If you want to be a part of our team and you think you have the qualities we are looking for, email your resume and/or CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.