As this year’s chart toppers descend on the T-Mobile Arena for the 2017 Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs), which will be broadcast live on RTL CBS on SKY on Monday, at 8AM, five personalities are set to do a ‘first’ on the glittery musical stage.
- Miley Cyrus, as she performs her new song live for TV for the first time – Miley Cyrus performs her new single, “Malibu” live in front of a worldwide television audience for the first time. She has a total of 43 entries on the Billboard Hot 100. Mark Bracco, Executive Producer of the 2017 BBMAs said “we are thrilled to have her debut ‘Malibu’ at the ‘2017 Billboard Music Awards’ and look forward to a raw and honest performance that will likely surprise many.”
- Prince Jackson will be one of the presenters – Michael Jackson was the King of Pop and ruled his kingdom well. Now, it’s his son, Prince Jackson’s time to shine. The young Jackson is set to be a presenter at this year’s BBMAs along with Kevin Hart, Olivia Munn, and Fil-Am actress and singer Hailee Steinfeld.
- KPop group BTS is the first Asian group to be nominated at the BBMAs – KPop has reached American soil and is getting recognized for the first time in BBMA history as BTS receives a nomination in the Top Social Artist category. This milestone comes just after the group’s sold-out five-date arena tour in the United States. They are a true global phenomenon.
- Fil-Am Vanessa Hudgens will co-host the BBMAs for the first time – High School Musical alumna, Fil-Am actress and singer, Vanessa Hudgens will host the BBMAs for the first time. She is known for her role in TV’s “Powerless” and on stage performance in “Gigi.” She will co-host with rapper Ludacris who has done the job for the past three years.
- Zayn Malik gets his first nomination as a solo act – The One Directioners are going to all sorts of different directions, and Zayn Malik is determined to go to the top. His nomination in the Top New Artist category is his first nomination as a solo act. He was previously nominated (and won) in the same category with his group back in 2013.
Tune in to the 2017 Billboard Music Awards on Monday, May 22, at 8AM on RTL CBS on SKY to catch all these firsts and electrifying performances from Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj, and more.