No long lines, no complications, just plain easy — and well, a little patience can help, but definitely no waiting that will take you a forever.
You can get started in applying for a Philippine passport as online appointment made it easy. Follow these steps and have your Philippine passport ASAP.
- Visit DFA’s website and make an appointment online. Whether you are a first time applicant, applying for a renewal, or re-applying for a replacement to your lost passport, you don’t need to hassle yourself in going to the DFA just to make an appointment. You can do that in the comfort of your home, just go online.
Note: As soon as you filled up your application form, download and print it out. And, remember your appointment reference numbers.
- Prepare your public documents. Before your actual appointment date, make sure you have ensured copies of the required documents. You don’t want to waste your time in going to the DFA with incomplete documents, do you?
Public documents include Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO). Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by NSO is also acceptable.
- Photocopy your documents. Ensure at least two (2) copies of the following:
- NSO birth certificate
- Valid ID’s
- Application form
- other supporting documents
List of acceptable IDs and other supporting documents are listed in the DFA website (http://www.passport.com.ph/requirements#acceptable_ids)
- Go to DFA. Personal appearance is a must. You can’t expect your passport to be processed without you. After all, it is YOUR passport.
- Come on time. Don’t be late. Be punctual with your appointment. Otherwise, you might have to re-schedule an appointment. Better to be early than re-scheduled, right?
- Present your appointment form to the appointment counter. You are on your way to your passport processing! Get it done right and don’t go starting in the wrong side of the DFA. Go to the appointment counter and let them assist you.
- Get your queue number to get your passport processing started. A little waiting for your number to be called doesn’t hurt. It will be your turn soon, anyway.
- Go to the passport enrollment section and pay for the passport processing fee. Regular processing fee is Php 950.00 (25 working days). If your want it rushed, you have to wait for 15 days and pay the processing fee of Php 1, 200.00. For lost passport that is still valid, there is an additional charge of Php 200.00.
- Proceed to the encoding station. This is for your data capturing.
- Claim your passport on the date. If you want your passport delivered on your doorstep, there is an additional charge. Inquire more about this on the delivery counter.